Wednesday, August 12, 2020

BREAKING NEWS: THE AVATAR CREATORS ARE LEAVING THE NETFLIX LIVE ACTION ADAPTATION OF THE SHOW

Some very surprising and unfortunate news just popped up on Bryan Konietzko's and Mike Dimartino's (The Avatar creators) instagram accounts (links here and here), that both of them are leaving the production of the new Avatar The Last Airbender Netflix live action adaptation of the series due to creative differences and not having creative control over their creation. And as even Bryan wrote that he didn't got trust and respect as well! 
That's not good at all, an another failed example of the live action adaptation of animated shows is on the horizon like the movie that we don't talk about? I hope not but for sure my expectations lowered significantly without Bryke as executives of the show, I'm really interested to see the exact reasons why Bryke left the project and everybody else do too I'm sure, was Netflix had a whitewashed cast? Did they changed the show's plot, story or depth? Some unexpected twist or a change of a character? Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. 
Personally I still wanna watch the show, just with less excitement and lower expectations about it being as good as it should be, I just hope the casting is proper and the special effects as well, at least Netflix should make that right. I will keep you updated with everything new coming about the Netflix adaptation and Avatar verse in general and let's not forget about The Dragon Prince and some other cartoons that I wanna suggest to you guys. Stay tuned and write me on the comments what do you think about this topic, still interested about the show or not?

No comments: